This recipe is by far one of my faves! I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make. I am a big fan of bacon. I could literally wrap bacon in anything. This recipe is super yummy. You can also be creative and make your own dipping sauce, which personally I think a type of raspberry dipping sauce would be great, or BBQ sauce, its up to you. These mini meatloaf’s are perfect for a paleo pow wow party or just for an everyday meal. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make your meatloaf’s whatever size you want! Hope you enjoy!
-Makes up to 7-8 single serving meals
-Prep Time is 10-15min
-Cooking Time is 50min
-Gluten and Dairy Free
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb pastured ground pork
- 1/2 yellow or white onion minced
- handful of baby bella mushrooms minced
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 14.5oz can of fire-roasted tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and whole
- salt and pepper
- 7-8 slices of uncured nitrate/nitrite-free bacon
- food processor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper leaving a 1/2″ long off the sides of the baking sheet.
(meatloaf’s are going to release fat in the cooking process, so leaving the parchment paper long off the sides will prevent from spilling in the oven)
- Create tomato sauce by adding the can of fire-roasted tomatoes (with liquid), garlic, salt and pepper in your food processor and blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to combine you ground meats, eggs, veggies, almond flour, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Form 7-8 portions of your mixture and form into mini loafs, placing them on your baking sheet.
- For each loaf, cut a piece of thick-cut bacon in half and lay parallel across loaf and tuck end under.
- Bake for 40min.
- Turn on broiler and cook for an additional 10min to crisp bacon.
- Remove from oven and transfer to another tray to cool. (like picture above)
- Get your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!