There are many people who have a belief that weight training is only for those who are very experienced and want to have a muscular body. However, that is not at all true. Many people also don’t prefer weight training because they don’t want to look like the Hulk. That is also a very wrong belief. Because of the various benefits which it offers, you cant leave weight training out of your daily routine. The different medical benefits of weight training include …
1. Live Longer: The most important advantage of weight training is that it will help you live longer. Weight training results in muscle formation. As per various reports, it has been found that the more muscle you have as you grow older, the lower are your chances of dying at an early age. Many people avoid growing muscles because it results in an increase in weight. However, instead of thinking too much about weight, your first priority should be to build muscles because it is going to help you a lot in the long run.
2. Sleep Better: Weight training will also help you get a good sleep. And as we all know, it is very important to get a good sleep in order to live a healthy lifestyle.
3. Boost confidence: It can also do wonders for your self-confidence. When you grow muscles, you will feel good about yourself and there will be a big boost in your confidence levels.
4. Good for your Heart: Many people believe that only cardio exercises are good for your heart conditions. But that is not at all true. Yes, cardiovascular exercises definitely help but weight training can also help you to lower your blood pressure. As per the American Health Association ( AHA), every individual should have at least 2 weight training sessions every week.
5. Strong Bones: Weight training will also improve your bone density and will make them stronger. It will reduce the risk of fractures. Weight training will also improve your body balance and will reduce the risk of falling down. As per various reports, it has been found that weight training can reduce the risk of falling by as much as 60 Percent.
6. Athletic: Since weight training will result in the formation of strong muscles, you will get better at almost every physical activity. For example, you will be able to swim faster and run for a long period of time. It will also correct muscle imbalances and will prevent serious injuries.
7. Mental Health: Weight Training can also do wonders for your mental health. It can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety and can also give a boost to your brain power.
8. Burn Calorie Rate: Your calorie-burning rate will also increase by a significant amount. You don’t have to do anything. Having extra muscles in your body will automatically help you burn more calories.
The good thing about weight training is that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on it. In fact, if you overdo it, it iwill cause more harm than good. Just 30 minutes each day is enough.